OpenKey utilizes this feature to alert its guests about anything related to their stay at the hotel. These notifications include:
When a guest is added to the OpenKey platform:
- PUSH NOTIFICATION (if they have the app downloaded): Hi [name], A new mobile key is waiting for you at [hotel]. Download Now!
- TEXT MESSAGE: Hello [name] a mobile key is waiting for you at [hotel]. Download app here [link to app]
When a guests requests a verification code (FIRST TIME USERS ONLY):
- TEXT MESSAGE: [Number] is your OpenKey Verification Code
When they get a key to the room:
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: Hi [name], you have access to room [room number]
When a change has been made (room change, updated check-out date, adding a guest, etc):
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: Hi [name], Your mobile key has been updated
When they check out or their key expires:
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: Hi [name], Your mobile key has expired
When a member of management sets up an announcement that notifies all current guests with active mobile keys:
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: New announcement, [Hotel] added a new announcement
NOTE: Users must enable/accept notifications from OpenKey in order to receive their key and notifications.